What is executive and life coaching?
Coaching helps people with normal ability to cope with stress, improve relationships and achieve peak potential. Executive and personal coaching helps clients to identify and work out of strengths, develop empowering beliefs, and develop achievable goals. Coaching is motivational and inspirational. It helps clients to keep moving beyond self-perceived performance limitations. The goal of coaching is to bring life into a perfect balance where personal fulfillment and professional goals are fully realized.
Coaching is becoming a mainstay method for leadership growth. The Harvard Business Review (1995) notes:
And whereas coaching was once viewed by many as a tool to help correct underperformance, today it is becoming much more widely used in supporting top producers. In fact, in a 2004 survey by Right Management Consultants (Philadelphia), 86 percent of companies said they used coaching to sharpen the skills of individuals who have been identified as future organizational leaders. http://hbswk.hbs.edu/archive/4853.html
Coaching is often conducted over the phone or on the job site. Coaching sessions are typically 25 minutes and are highly focused on goal attainment. Dr. Regier often recommends that clients begin the coaching relationship with personality and leadership assessment, which greatly enhances the coaching process. He has developed a one day seminar for leadership teams that uses personality and leadership assessment to maximize the capacity of a team to achieve high performance.
Is coaching right for me?
Coaching is right for anyone who wants to become more fulfilled, and achieve better results in life and business. It is a source of wise counsel and motivation that can help anyone move beyond personal self-limiting thoughts and emotions. Our brains have a great capacity to learn and help
Specific benefits of coaching to the individual:
- Increases openness to personal learning and development
- Helps identify solutions to specific work-related issues
- Greater ownership and responsibility
- Developing self-awareness
- Improves specific skills or behavior
- Greater clarity in roles and objectives
- Corrects behavior and performance difficulties
Main benefits of coaching to the organization:
- Allows fuller use of the individual’s talents and potential
- Demonstrates commitment to employees and their development
- Increases creativity, learning and competence
- Improves organizational performance and productivity
- Motivates people from the inside out
- Facilitates the adoption of a high performance culture
- Improves relationships between people and departments
- Generates improvements in individual performance, targets and goals